I made this yesterday for our family’s Memorial Day celebrations. It’s so yummy and I was thrilled to have leftovers for this week. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family does!
1. In a large bowl combine 2 lbs. of red potatoes, 1 head of garlic, 1/8 cup of olive oil, and salt and pepper.
2. Pour the potatoes into a foil pouch and grill for 45 minutes on medium heat.
3. Remove from grill and let potatoes cool, about 10 minutes.
4. Cut potatoes in half, putting them back into the large bowl.
5. Using a large metal spoon, lightly smash potatoes, leaving large chunks.
6. Add 2 tablespoons of fresh dill or 2 teaspoons of dried dill, 1 cup of sour cream, and 1/2 teaspoon of red-wine vinegar.
7. Season with salt and pepper and, if desired, a few garlic cloves. Stir until just combined
8. Add an additional 1/2 cup of sour cream just before serving, serve chilled or at room temperature.
You could also mix in some of your favorite ingredients like scallions, dill pickles, bacon, or hard-cooked egg. Try using only one or two additional ingredients.