As the season’s change, so do wardrobes, shoes, and hairstyles. One thing I look forward to every year along with the change in weather is the new trends in fashion. I find myself binging pictures of New York fashion week and skimming through magazines day after day to find a multitude of fun, mom-friendly, youthful fashions. Here are some of my favorites for Spring and Summer 2012.
1. Pastels. Likely to be popular, with a lot of baby pinks, blues and yellows in different fabrics, consider it a paler take on the familiar colorblocking trend. More is more—think light pink plus mint green plus daffodil—and you won’t even have to sport sunglasses before checking yourself out in the mirror.
2. Lace. Talk about the perfect embodiment of romanticism, lace is for women that have a more personal kind of beauty, very sensual and sensitive. It’s all about organic textures but in a very simple shape with the memory of couture. Look for exquisite details, floral lace motifs and hand-painted flowers.
3. Nude shoes. My new favorite. Nude shoes can go from winter to summer without being noticed. We can thank Kate Middleton for starting this trend last year. And for us shorter girls, they give us extra height while still being functional in the eye of fashion.
4. Pops of color. Provocative Tangerine Tango, an enticing juicy orange, is a vivacious and appealing refresher to enliven anyone’s outlook this spring. Just be careful when wearing this bold color. You don’t want to add too much of a good thing. Keep it simple to just one bold color at a time.
5. Black is always back. From head to toe, it is always timeless. Just make sure to add seasonal elements or multiple accessories to keep the look fresh.